Unless you’ve been living under a stone, you’ve been dealing with months of COVID-19 lockdown, followed by over a week of rioting and protests. It’s all very grim stuff, and has made the news very depressing lately.
To cheer you folks up, here are five things I’d recommend to brighten your days:
- The Count (censored): A video showing the Count from Sesame Street in a way you may never have considered before.
- FLuffee Talks: A YouTube channel in which our star, FLuffee, examines the people of WalMart, people with very bad tattoos, and just about every other Florida Man – type disaster you can think of.
- Steely Dan – Aja (classic album documentary): If you’re a big fan of music, especially amazing music made by nitpicking lunatics, this is for you. Even if you’ve never heard of Becker and Fagen, this is some cool stuff.
- A Canticle For Liebowitz (book) – A monastic order keeps the knowledge of a dead civilization alive in the millenia after a nuclear war. Great stuff.
- Space Force (Netflix) – A pretty realistic examination of the US Space Force and it’s mission. I’m pretty sure, incidentally, that the real Space Force has got to be bummed that the fake Space Force in this show has a better symbol.
Keep your heads up! Only 7 months are left until 2020 is over!